Are you using video in your small business to reach new customers?
Are you overwhelmed with all the options available to make videos?
As a small business owner it is vital that you begin adding videos to your marketing arsenal so that you can bring in new customers.
Want to build a relationship with customers you already have? Start communicating with them through engaging videos.
Want to show potential customers you have the solutions to their problems? Start making promotional videos that both describe the problem and shows the answer. Don’t let your business get stuck in the 1990’s mindset. It’s time to make video a huge part of your marketing budget.
From the SEMRush website, they cite these statistics about video for local marketing.
- 88% more time spent on a website with a video – Forbes.
- People are 4x more likely to convert to a call to action with a video.
- For eCommerce websites, 65% of your local audience is more likely to make a purchase after watching a video.
- Viewers retain 95% of the message when they watch it in a video compared to only 10% when reading it in text – Forbes.
- 82% of Twitter users watch a video – Wordstream.
- Almost 50% of users search for product-related videos before visiting a local shop/store.
- 95% of people have viewed an explainer video to learn more about a product or service – Hubspot.
As you can see from above, video marketing is a must for any sized business. So let’s jump in and see how you can start using local video marketing for your business.
According to LemonLight.com, “If you’re looking to launch a local marketing campaign, video is one of the most powerful (and affordable) tools you can use because of its potential for repurposing, for optimization, and for showing off your location and atmosphere – two must-dos when it comes to local marketing.”
If you want more people to become aware of your business you have to find ways to cast out a wider net to bring in more customers and clients. Video can do that much better and much cheaper than any other type of marketing.
They go on to say, “In a local marketing video, you can highlight the specifics that matter to locals, like the location, the size of your building, the opinions of neighbors in the community, the ease of getting there, and the overall atmosphere of your establishment.”ARVE Error: Invalid URL
What Kind Of Videos Do I Need To Make?
There are few types of videos that you can make that get huge results for your marketing efforts. These videos are inexpensive to make or buy, can easily be repurposed and can be used for social marketing purposes as well.
Here are the 13 best type of videos to make and how to do them.
- Premade Promotional Videos – These are spokesman type videos that explain what you do and how you can help a potential customer who is looking for your type of service. You don’t have to appear in them and they can be purchased for about $200-$500.
- Product Videos – As the name infers, this is you or one of your employees talking about your products and how it can help them with their problem. You go over what the product entails and why they should buy it. These can also be instructional videos about all your products and how they relate to what your customer is looking for.
- How-To Tutorials – These are either you talking to a camera or voice-overs from a powerpoint video. These are the type of videos that inform the consumer about their problem and what the solutions are. With these videos you need a CTA (call to action) to get them to either buy or phone you with more information.
- Authority Videos – This is you talking about a subject that you are an authority on and teaching your customers about that subject. These can also be called leadership videos. They are made to build up your trust, authority and leadership within your community.
- Video News Release – These are videos included with your press release. They are news videos about one subject only in your press release. They are meant to announce something important in your business such as a new hire, promotion, new location, etc.
- Viral Videos – These take a bit more creativity and are hard to make but they are worth the effort if they get people talking about you and your business. These are put on social media to get seen quickly and often. Most of the time they can be funny but the idea is to get noticed.
- Lifestyle & Day In The Life Video – These type of videos show the human side of you and your business and are great for making solid connections with your customers. They are easy to make and not many other businesses are doing them so you will stand out from the competition.
- FAQ Videos – Once again, very easy to make. These are usually powerpoint videos in which you go over the most frequently ask questions which can put aside any problems customers may have about you, your business, your products and services. These type of videos show you care enough to help the consumer know more about your business.
- About Us – These are videos about you, your business and your employees. They tell your business’s story and help sell you before you sell your products and services.
- Advertising videos – These are short 30-60 second videos selling your products and/or services. A great tip is to use these videos to send people to your social media sites, your blog and wherever you want them to go to become a subscriber, buyer or fan of you and your business. Most of the time you will put these on FaceBook and YouTube.
- Live Videos – These are great for hooking up with your past, present and future customers and clients. You could talk about a news event that ties in with what you do, a promotional video about your business, your products and/or services as well as just an information session.
- Webinar Videos – These are great for selling your products and services and adding subscribers to your mailing list.
- Weekly Video/Radio Show – You can be really creative with these shows. You can talk about anything you want but make sure they are structured the same every time so that people get used to the show format. You can build a big listener base and gain popularity in your market. It is also a great vehicle for selling your products and services not just locally but around the world!
Implementing Video Into Your Marketing Arsenal
Now that you have the videos made, what do you do with them?
Where do you put them to get the most bang for your buck?
The first place you would put these videos on is YouTube. Put them on your channel as well as using paid YouTube ads to market those videos. This is how you market beyond your local area. The great thing about YouTube is they host these videos so it won’t cost you a penny to embed them on your site.
The second place I would put these videos on is social media sites like FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.These sites can get you seen everywhere and turn your business into a big brand. This is where you will make the most of your video marketing budget.
Once again, you can use these as paid ads on the different mediums to gain a bigger share of your market.
Of course, you want these videos on your own site but watch out for hosting fees. They may slow down your site and unless you have your own dedicated server, your host may limit how much bandwidth you use. This is why I use a service called Wasabi to host all my videos (I have over 300). It’s very cheap to use and you won’t have any other branding on your videos (unless you put your own branding on them and why wouldn’t you?).
The basic idea here is to use video marketing to bring brand awareness to your market and exploit the videos to sell your products and services. Do it properly and you will reap the benefits for years to come. Do it wrong and you’ll lose more than just your shirt.
Want to take your Video Marketing to the next level?
We never charge for a consultation. Why not call us today to find out what we can do for you?
If you are trying to attract more clients, call us today at 1(848) 218-9677. Not only can we help you with your Video Marketing, but we can also help you establish very effective Online Marketing strategies to help you grow your customer base even faster.
See what we can do for your Video Marketing at https://outtasitemarketing.com/portfolio/
Latest posts by Barry Ferguson (see all)
- The Amazing Benefits Of Using Low Budget Advertising - May 16, 2020
- Why Isn’t Your Local Business Making More Sales? - July 23, 2019
- Are You Scared Of Getting Publicity For Your Local Business? - July 21, 2019